Corridor Display

Our classroom is on one of the school's main corridors. As a result, we get a lot of traffic outside our class from students, teachers, executive staff and parents. Because of this fact, I try to spend a little more time and effort on my corridor displays, knowing that a lot of people are going to see it.

The other morning as I was in my room preparing the day's lessons, I heard some little voices in the corridor. They were reading out loud to each other from the work on display. It was so sweet hearing them talk about the work, finding the ones that belonged to their older siblings and telling each other which ones they liked the best. That moment made it worth all the time and effort I put into making sure my students' work was displayed.

This work is based on something I saw on Pinterest (that site is seriously addictive), "The Best Part of Me".






"The Best Part of Me" display

This was done at the start of the school year as a 'getting to know you' activity. Each student took a photo of the part of themselves they thought was the best, then wrote a rough draft in their English books to explain why they thought that was the best part. Once they had conferenced with me, they published their writing and it was displayed with their photos in the corridor. 

The amazing background is courtesy of my lovely friend, Holly, who made sure it was stapled and bordered while I was away sick. Holly, I can't say it enough: You rock! 

We also did a multiple intelligences test to see how we all learnt best. These are our graphs showing our strengths.

Multiple Intelligences radar graphs

Here's a little sneak peek at what the inside of our classroom looks like:






Name art display

This is our name art display. We used warm colours or cool colours to create our design. I gave them a light spray of gold paint for warm colours and silver paint for cool colours to give them an extra sparkle.

That's all for now. I'll post more photos of the classroom later on.
Thanks for visiting!

Comments